Monday, January 6, 2014

A New Semester!! Fresh Start!!

Welcome!!

I am so excited for Spring and our new semester!

Tidbits:

Tech:I am going to take advantage of more technology with a classroom blog (cathleenpetty.blogspot.com) and also with Instagram (catpettyrhs) to post homework, etc.  As usual, I still have the website (www.wix.com/catpetty/ms_pettys_website) and the google voice phone number 805/270-5621.  Also, students can also sign up for text reminders using our class service, Remind101.

Grades: I will be addding a column on the grade page in AERIES for each assignment. When a student turns in an assignment, it will be given two points so that parents know if work has been turned in on time.  If the assignment gets turned in late, it will reflect one point.  Obviously, missing assignments will receive a zero.  Then, I will add a second column for each assignment when the assignment is actually graded.

Curriculum:  We are so happy for this semester's material.  We will be focusing on curriculum and learning, personalized to you and your future. We have five main areas...the novel, career education, CAHSEE prep, non-fiction, and a personalized project.  Start thinking about what matters to you!!!  SO EXCITED!!

Reminders:

Vocab:  We will be returning to our weekly vocabulary quizzes on Monday, January 13, 2014.

Naviance: If you haven't logged into Naviance ever, please see me :)

Syllabus: If you haven't received a copy or would like a new one, it's on my website under forms.

Gmail: If you don't have a gmail account for class, please see me and the instructions are on my website!

See you Wednesday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment